Wednesday, September 28, 2016

What If We Got Mad About Important Stuff?

Your first clue should have been 'healthy' in front of 'gumbo.'

Back when I had money, I had a chance to get the Lasik surgery. All my colleagues were doing it and now they are saving even more money by not having to buy new glasses or contacts.

As for me, I have a chip in my left lens and my glasses need re-adjusting, but the money's tight so here I am looking like Charles Nelson Reilly.

Still better service than AT&T during the Flood

Having glasses is a part of my identity but it is stupid. It is putting a disorder I have as an essential part of me, so essential that to get rid of it would make me feel less like myself.

We, Louisiana, are like that with our poor healthcare and bad education and ingrained racism so I won't even talk about that. I can't change that because the T-shirt industry has made it all so damn funny. It's not going anywhere.

Not gonna touch this one.

No, all we can fight about is how to cook our food because all we have left is a tourist brochure of a culture. A few recipes and instant rouxs and arguing over if we should write 'sha' or 'cher' or who gets to really be Cajun or Creole.

What if we would get that mad about speaking French or restoring our coastline?

No harm in dreaming.


No comments:

Post a Comment